Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip


Recipe taken from my friend Becky's blog. She made these for us when we came over to visit teach her and we quickly became addicted!!

My words are in the purple italics. The following is from Becky:

These are so delicious. They are good as bars too. I served them warm out of the oven with vanilla ice cream, whip cream and hot fudge.

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used natural because I didn't want the extra sugar)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/4 cup flour
2 cups oats
1 -12oz. bag chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate, Guittards brand) (I used half a bag and still had TONS of chocolate chips in the bars, and definitely go with milk chocolate of any brand)

1. Beat together butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on high speed for about 30 seconds.
2. Add sugars, baking powder and soda. Beat until comobined.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
4. Beat in flour slowly until combined. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.
5. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in rounded balls (or in a 9x13 pan as cookie bars)
6. Bake @ 375 for about 10 minutes for cookies and about 20-30 minutes for bars. Keep checking bars until the top starts to turn golden brown. They will still look kind of doughy, but they set up pretty fast. Not good if you over-bake them. DRY!

I have made this recipe twice as the bars and just LOVE them! Thanks Becky for a yummy treat!

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting hungry looking at that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night after reading your post. They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete