Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pizza in 30 minutes!

I got this quick and easy pizza dough recipe from my friend Evelyn. We now make this recipe on a weekly basis. The girls love to help put the toppings on and to roll the dough.

Who doesn't love pizza?
Oh yeah, Raelyn doesn't...or at least she didn't until we started making our own. Now she gobbles up 3 pieces!

1 1/3 c. warm water
1 T yeast
1 tsp. salt
2 T oil
3 c. flour
1 can 15 oz. pizza sauce (I use Contadina brand, found by the tomato sauce)
16 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
Toppings of your choice

Preheat your oven to 425 F.

Mix all the ingredients together and knead for 5-7 minutes. (I usually just mix it in my bread mixer, then take it out after 7 minutes of kneading.)

Divide the dough in half. Roll out one of the dough halves onto a floured surface and shape onto a pizza pan to fit or in my case, pizza stone. We have a round one and a large cookie sheet size one.

Cook pizza crust in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread half of the pizza sauce over the crust. Spread evenly. Sprinkle cheese and then the toppings on top.

Return to oven to cook for another 11 minutes and it's done!!

Repeat the process for the 2nd pizza, using the remaining dough.

This is the adult favorite.
Pepperoni with green bell peppers and pineapple.
The kids' favorite.
Just cheese with Italian seasoning sprinkled on top.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Now this is something I will be able to do. Can you knead the bread with your kitchen aid? I have a dough hook for it...

    ReplyDelete