Monday, October 6, 2008

Fresh Salsa

I used to HATE the taste of cilantro. Boy am I glad that my tastes buds changed during my first pregnancy, because now I LOVE cilantro. This salsa will disappear fast! This is just a basic recipe and can be altered very easily according to your preference.

3 large tomatoes (you can use a 29oz can of tomatoes if you must, but isn't as good as fresh)
1/2 onion
3 jalapenos (or more if you want it hotter)*
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 tsp salt (or to taste)

Use a food processor or knife to finely dice all ingredients. Combine in a bowl and serve with tortilla chips or with any other Mexican dish!

Yields: 6 cups

*Tip - The heat of the jalapenos is found mostly in the veins (the white inside part) and the seeds. If you don't want it as hot, then strip out and discard the veins and seeds before dicing.

1 comment:

  1. Did you use a food processor for yours? Because it looks as if you have a good deal of liquid that I don't think I could get by just chopping finely...

    ReplyDelete