Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cool and Creamy Cucumber Salad



This dish is so yummy, my Austrian family would serve it as a side dish often in the summer. (I lived near Vienna, Austria as a nanny in 2000). I brought this recipe home with me because I loved it so much.

My girls have been eating ever since they were babies and gobble it up.

2 cucumbers
½ cup fat free plain yogurt
½ cup fat free sour cream (or low fat)
2 TB (at least) fresh dill, diced (only use fresh)
2 TB white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Peel cucumbers and slice thin and set aside. Stir all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add cucumbers to the creamy mixture and stir until cucumbers are completely covered. Serve cold immediately or after a few hours in the refrigerator for it to taste even better!

3 comments:

  1. ooooh--my kids love cucumbers--I will totally try this recipe--thanks Jennie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this one! It looks and sounds Soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made your recipe tonight and made some slight changes with what I had on hand. Used Greek plain yogurt and plain yogurt. Also used persian cucumbers (you can find them at Trader Joe's) didn't peel them and used half the sugar since the persian cucumbers are sweet. Used Red Wine Vinegar. Yummy will be making this again! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete