Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal


The girls and I love this oatmeal so much, I've made it twice in the last week!
I even had it for dessert!  It's a delicious clean eating breakfast!  
I love to serve it with vanilla flavored coconut milk.

1 can 14.5oz pumpkin
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp each pumpkin pie spice, ginger, ground cloves, vanilla
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 ¼ cups water

Toppings: raisins (golden ones are great), slivered almonds, agave nectar or honey to taste.

Stir pumpkin and oats together in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and all spices together. Stir egg mixture into the oats.  Stir in milk and water.  Pour into 9x13 baking dish.

Preheat oven to 375.  While oven is preheating, the oats will be expanding slightly.

Bake for 40 minutes.  Serve hot with milk and toppings of choice.  Sweeten with agave nectar or honey, if needed.


Or bake it the night before, refrigerate overnight and heat up in the microwave the next morning for a quick breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally going to make this. I have been thinking about it ever since I read this a while ago so I had to come back and print it. I hope you have a great trip! I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete